Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Home Plate, Bub!

I went on a bit of a online shopping frenzy about 1.5 weeks ago, so now 4 distinct packages are being shipped to me via USPS, FedEx, and DHL.

Katie and I went mini-golfing at a place in Monroeville called Putt Putt, which was pleasant, even if the holes we played were all very simple and similar. We then ate Dairy Queen Blizzards for dinner.

On Saturday, we picked up Mike Yin from the airport, got smoothies in Squirrel Hill, visited Games Unlimited to inquire about Shocking Roulette (no luck!), and played El Grande (now known as The Big, I guess) again. I crushed the opposition with strategic play and cunning wits.

Monday night was a bit of a lucky break for us, as one of the board members at City Theatre had extra Pirates tickets and Katie managed to snatch a pair for the two of us. But these were no ordinary Pirates tickets...no - these were Home Plate Club tickets. That means a free buffet dinner is included with them and (most exciting of all) people bring free food to you in your seats, which are incidentally directly behind home plate. It was awesome. The Pirates won, too, 11-6, although 9 of those runs came early against a weak starting pitcher and we almost lost our lead mid-game. But we didn't! And I got a free hot dog!

Then I bought SimCity 4 at Target last night. We also bought a scale that tells you your body fat index and bathroom wastebasket. My BFI was 16% last night and 18% this morning, which tells me that I should never sleep again. Either that, or another month of sleeping and I'll be morbidly obese.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

You bought a scale that tells you your bathroom wastebasket? How does it know? OMG I can't concentrate on Websphere.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home