Tuesday, November 07, 2006

On Voting

I know I owe y'all a long entry on China and how it went with pictures, and I promise that it's coming (most of the pictures are on my computer now, so all I need to do is sit down and write a bit about our trip), but I thought I'd just put this up while it's fresh in my mind.

I went to vote this morning. I vote in district 12 at the:
CALVARY EPISCOPAL CHURCH PARISH HALL
315 SHADY AVE
PITTSBURGH , PA
according to the PA election website. I voted on an ES&S iVotronic, which although it isn't a media-blasted Diebold machine, still has no verifiable paper trail.

While my vote went fine (as far as I could see, anyway), I heard two volunteer election people talking about the eVoting machines, discussing battery packs. I distinctly heard, "I think we should leave them all plugged in for now," which is hardly confidence inspiring. Then again, maybe I'm just paranoid from having read too many Ars Technica article about voting machine deficiencies before this election.

Does anyone want to watch returns tonight? Maybe the Stewart/Colbert take on it? 'Cause I don't get Comedy Central. So, invite me over.

1 Comments:

Blogger yincrash said...

colbert totally called warren beatty to prove it was live.

also asked meg for sex.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home